The patented and award-winning RiverSurveyor®, S5/M9 systems give a new perspective to the notion of measuring open channel hydraulics. Using SonTek's exclusive SmartPulseHD®, multiple acoustic frequencies are fused with precise bandwidth control for the most robust and continuous shallow-to-deep discharge measurements ever.
A deterministic microcontroller expertly apportions the proper acoustics, pulse scheme, and cell size to get the highest definition possible so you can focus on the measurement, not the instrument setup. The system even has a vertical beam for precise channel definition and it's all designed to work intuitively.And just like the name implies - SmartPulseHD (just like your TV) lets you see the clearest velocity picture possible with cell sizes down to 2 cm.
- Multi-Band - Multiple acoustic frequencies1,2
- Vertical acoustic beam1
- SmartPulseHD® (Patent Pending)
- Internally computed discharge and secure data1
- Standard 360º compass and two-axis tilt sensor
- Reverberation control with ping rates to 70Hz
- RTK GPS (optional)
- HYPACK MAX software (optional)
1 U.S. Patent #8,125,849
2 U.S. Patent #8,411,530
- Balances the highest resolution with the greatest range of depths
- Superior channel definition, extends the maximum measurable discharge depth
- An intelligent algorithm that looks at water depth, velocity and turbulence, and then acoustically adapts to those conditions using pulse-coherent, broadband, and incoherent techniques. High-def cell sizes down to 2 cm.
- All discharge computations are done within the S5 or M9 unit internally (not in the computer!) – No lost data from communications drop outs
- Compensates for vessel motion due to surface conditions.
- High ping rates ensure extremely robust data collection.
- High precision vessel tracking and depth measurement without GPS requirement.
- Ultra precise earth-referenced positioning as an alternative to bottom tracking in moving bed or other difficult situations.
|Profiling Range — Distance||0.06 to 5m||0.06 to 40m|
|Profiling Range — Velocity||±20 m/s||±20 m/s|
|Velocity — Accuracy||±0.25% of measured velocity||±0.25% of measured velocity|
|Velocity — Resolution||0.001 m/s||0.001 m/s|
|Number of Cells||Up to 128||Up to 128|
|Cell Size||0.02 to 0.5m||0.02 to 4m|
|Number of Transducers||Five (5)||Nine (9)|
3.0 MHz/1.0 MHz
|Janus||25° Slant Angle||25° Slant Angle|
|Vertical Beam Frequency||1.0 MHz||0.5 MHz|
|Depth — Range||0.20 to 15 m||0.20 to 80m|
|Depth — Accuracy||1%||1%|
|Depth — Resolution||0.001 m||0.001 m|
|Discharge Measurement Range — Bottom-Track||0.3 to 5m||0.3 to 40m|
|Discharge Measurement Range — RTK GPS||0.3 to 15 m||0.3 to 80 m|
|Discharge Measurement — Computations||Internal||Internal|